Castle Cakes for Halloween
Haunted Castle Cake
Magical Castle Cake
Halloween Candy Corn Castle Cake
Halloween Castle Cake
Towering Sand Castle Cake
Halloween is a fabulous theme for cake decorating as it allows you to really let your imagination go wild. In fact, the scarier and more gruesome your Halloween cake decorations, the better!
Whether you are throwing a Halloween party or just want to liven up your children’s tea, there is a bewitching array of edible and non-edible Halloween cake decorations and products available in the shops and online. These range from scary ghouls, witches and bats to pumpkins, spiders and realistic-looking eyeballs. Some of these even glow in the dark, allowing you to really vamp up your cakes, cookies or cupcakes!
If you’re short on time or inspiration, you can get your Halloween cake decorating off to a flying start with some readymade items. Pop to the shops for some plain iced fairy cakes or cupcakes, and then customise them with one or more of the following decorations:
* Shaped sugarcraft figures or plaques that make ideal cupcake toppers
* Re-useable plastic bats, spider rings or “Happy Halloween” greetings on sticks for inserting into the sponge
* Edible eyeballs: these really are the ultimate sweet treat and guaranteed to get a reaction!
But, if time permits and you’re feeling creative, why not have a go at making your own Halloween cake decorations from scratch? With the right products and a bit of imagination it is easy to achieve some fabulous results. You can even add to the fun – and the mess – by getting the children involved too!
Before you start, you will need to round up a selection of ingredients and equipment to help you with your DIY Halloween cake decorating. A few suggestions are:
* Black, white or orange ready to roll sugar paste; just mix black and white if you want grey
* Plastic cutters in traditional Halloween shapes like bats, pumpkins, ghosts and cats. Try to find ones with comfort grips as these make cutting of cookie dough, icing or sugar paste safe and easy – even for little hands
* Edible black or silver lustre spray for covering individual cakes or one large sponge
* Easy-to-use, colourful sprinkle decorations such as glitter flakes, sugar strands or sugar balls for adding a touch of magic
Once you’ve finished rolling, cutting, sprinkling or spraying, don’t forget to complete the look with Halloween themed baking cases, candles or ribbon. Then add the finishing touch to your Halloween festivities by scattering some bat or pumpkin confetti over the party table. Happy Halloween!